If you are reading this, then you are looking for an answer to How to ease gastritis pain quickly at home. If you are a gastritis patient, you know how hard it is to bear that pain. It is easy to avoid getting gastritis than finding home remedies for gastritis. There are very little home remedies for gastritis attacks. Without further ado let’s see what we can do to reduce gastritis pain quickly at home.
Quick Home Remedies for Gastritis Attacks
So the very first thing and most effective thing that you can do is to take some ‘doctor advised’ acid blocker drugs. These drugs helps you to reduce the acid your stomach makes for a short period of time.
Also there are some food that you can consume to ease the pain quickly. For example you can eat cold low-fat yogurt and low-fat ice-cream (it would be better if you can consume non-fat products).
This is the most important thing to remember when you have a gastritis attack. Do not sleep or lie on the bed. It will unsettle your stomach. Try to stay standing still until your stomach acid settle.
Vomiting is one of the common symptoms of gastritis attacks. So if you feel like vomiting do the following to avoid that.
- Try deep breathing
- Eat light bland food. For example few bran crackers, salt, sugar and spice-less snacks
- Drink clear or ice-cold drinks
- Drink gradually large amount, but when you drink something, drink very slowly. Do not rush!
So these are the answers to your question “How to ease gastritis pain quickly at home”. But what if we can stop gastritis attacks from happening? It would be better than looking for home remedies for gastritis attacks right? Let’s discuss about that.
What can we can do to avoid Gastritis Attacks?
- Do not eat large portion of food at once. Try to eat small meals through the whole day. Divide your main three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in to six meals.
- Avoid fried, spicy, fat, highly acidic, caffeine, carbonated drinks and alcohol at all cost. We will discuss about the food good for gastritis and what type of food bad for gastritis later.
- Getting stressed is one of the many ways that you can get gastritis attack. So try to avoid stress and do some stress relief activities.
- Don’t forget to drink water regularly.
- Meet a Specialty doctor and find the reason for your gastritis attacks. Reason of getting gastritis attacks are different from a person to person. Some will get attacks due to gluten, some for allergies. So find yours. It will be a huge help to ease gastritis pain quickly at home.
- Never skip a meal.
- Do not smoke.
If you are a gastritis patient, try to follow the above advice and you will be able to avoid gastritis attacks.
Now you know what the home remedies to ease gastritis pain are and what you can do to avoid gastritis attacks. So let’s discuss further about the food you should eat and food you should avoid.
Mainly what to avoid if you have Gastritis: These food are really bad for gastritis. If you have gastritis avoid eating these food items at all cost. Fried Food, Spices and Spicy Food, Fat, Highly Acidic, Caffeine, Carbonated Drinks and Alcohol
- Oranges, Lime, Lemon, Grapefruit and similar fruits.
- King Coconut Meat
- Coconut oil
- Red Meat (Beef, lamb, pork, etc…)
- Canned Food
- Lobsters, Crab, Shrimp, Cuttlefish
- Onion, Pepper, Cabbage, Cucumber, Broccoli, Garlic, Ginger
You shouldn’t eat these but if you must: These food items does not directly affect to cause gastritis attacks. But it may speed up the process.
- All Dairy Products (Only Low or Non Fat Yogurt, Ice-Cream, Curd, Cheese, etc.…)
- Fruit Juice
- Nuts (Cashews, Hazel, Almonds etc…)
- Chips and other Snacks
Foods that are good for Gastritis Patients: These food items are not only good for gastritis patients but also helps to keep gastritis in control. Fiber, Low and Non-Fat Yoghurt and Natural Fruit Water.
- Brown Rice
- Non-Fat Milk
- Fruits(except for Mango, Pineapple, Oranges)
- Whole Grains (Barley, Bulgur, Kidney Beans, Green Millet, etc…)
- Coconut Water
- White Meat (Fish, Chicken, Turkey and Rabbit)
- Vegetable Oils and Olive Oil
So is there anything else that you can do to prevent yourself from having Gastritis Attacks. Yes there is, this is an ancient Sri Lankan home remedy for gastritis attacks. Sri Lankans uses this recipe to treat gastritis as it is to this day. The name of this medicine is Diya Bath.
- 1 cup of cooked white rice
- 1 and half cup of Water
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- Half of a thinly grated red onion
How to Cook Gastritis Medicine Diya Bath?
Add water and cooked rice to a container and soak it overnight. In the morning add coconut milk, and red onion to the soaked rice and blend it until all ingredients are mixed together perfectly. You can add very little salt for taste. Drink this every morning for a month and your gastritis problem will go away.
This is actually is not just a home remedy, this is a medicine from Sri Lankan ayurvedic medicine system. They recommend Diya Bath for feverish diseases, cracked soles, dry mouth, and eye and skin infections. Also reduce cholesterol and heart diseases. Diya Bath is a cold food so do not eat in rainy days.
Before you go, check out these Myths about Gastritis:
- Myth – Milk is good for Gastritis.
Fact – Milk is really not good for gastritis. Earlier doctors believed that drinking milk can help ease the gastritis pain by coating inside of the stomach. But further research found that consuming milk during a gastritis attack will produce more acid in stomach.
- Myth – Gastritis does not cause real health risks.
Fact – Gastritis causes very serious health risks. If you do not treat gastritis soon it can damage your gastrointestinal tract and cause internal bleeding. Gastritis also can cause stomach cancer and even death.
- Myth – Stress does not affect gastritis.
Fact – Actually it does. Stress often triggers gastritis. When you are getting stressed your brain trigger the release of a stress hormone called cortisol. This reduce the amount of mucous in the stomach and increases stomach acid.
Visit dailyreaderglobal.com for more articles everyday!!
Mawan Lakshan Aluvihare is a software engineer, social media marketer and an online entrepreneur in Sri Lanka. He completed his bachelor's degree in Interactive Media at Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology in 2014. He is a level 2 seller on Fiverr, a successful dropshipper and the owner of redwolfTAG Solution, a web development company in Sri Lanka.